Pasta Carbonara with Crispy Pancetta
Created By Paul Cullen
- 1/2 lb. pancetta, cubed
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. shallot, minced
- 1 freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. fresh pappardelle pasta, cooked al dente
- 6 large eggs, room temp.Â (Separate 2 yolks for plating)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh Italian parsleyÂ
In a large sauté pan, cook the pancetta over medium heat until browned, about 6 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add the garlic and shallots and season with black pepper. Whisk the 4 eggs with 1/3 cup of cheese.
Add the pancetta and the pasta back to the pan and sauté for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the egg mixture, mixing quickly until the pasta thickens.
Mound into serving bowls, add yolk on top, and sprinkle with cheese and parsley. This dish goes perfectly with a glass of Sonata Bianco.